(any "SOLD OUT" items can be duplicated to a very similar likeness for you - ask if you're interested)
Fully Restored 1960 Dynakit by Dynaco PAS Tube Preamplifier
Here's a very nice example of a fully restored and amazing vintage tube preamp.
These older models are difficult to find in good condition, this one has only 20 hours use since restored.
Treated to a full restoration electronically, the cosmetics are original, it's really nice.
This PAS plays beautifully and will provide years of enjoyment, it will fit perfectly into that vintage system.
I tried to rebuild this unit as close to the original design as possible. Obviously it had been well cared for.
Take a really close look at this one, it's ready to go! Super sweet, old school tube audio right here!
Here's the details:
- Original 1960 Dynaco transformer with all new exact reproduction circuit boards, populated with all new components.
- Two Mullard smooth plate 12AX7 tubes in the line stage
- Two Mullard smooth plate 12AX7 tubes in the phono stage
- One RCA (NOS) 12X4 Black Plate Rectifier Tube
- Original style filament supply has two new CDE 2000uF caps and is updated with diodes.
- The 20/20/20/20 multi section capacitor is brand new.
- Takman and PRP Audio Grade Metal Film resistors on the filter cap for super quiet operation.
- The rear input / output panel is new, an updated version form Dynakit with gold plated jacks - very nice
- The new I/O panel retains the full function of the original but its unique arrangement allows a bit better spacing for connector cables.
- A new correct rear label was installed to replace the old faded one.
- A new finger operated knurled brass phono ground post was added to the rear panel.
- All pots and switches were serviced with Deoxit, tested and they all work as they should, nice and quiet, static free.
- A new 3 amp power switch was installed with a new .02 disc capacitor
- All the capacitors in the front panel were replaced and 1uF caps were added on the bass controls. (Audyn, Orange Drop, Nichicon)
- New Dale industrial rated resistors for the balance and volume controls.
- A new Dynakit brand adjustable amber colored LED lamp now illuminates the front panel jewel.
- Circuit board capacitors are Nichicon Icell, CDE 940 Series, Panasonic.
- 1% high quality metal film resistors throughout. (Vishay, TE Connectivity, Yageo, Dale, PRP)
- The only remaining original resistors are on the blend switch and low filter switch, they're fine.
- This chassis has no rust, no corrosion, no dents, it's an amazing example for its age.
- This unit plays absolutely perfect and is sonically superb, I really want to keep this one myself.
- Hum free operation with simply stunning sound quality.
- All new feet on the nice clean bottom plate. (bottom plate was polished to remove oil induced tarnish from fingerprints)
- Case, chassis, faceplate and knobs are original, very few marks and minimal signs of wear.
- Original wiring was retained except for the power supply (the original ones were too short for the new connections)
- The power cord is original and as soft and nice as the day it was made.
- Knobs are the ones that came with the unit and the selector and blend knobs are slightly darker brown than the others.
- Brass inlays in the knobs show some wear, they're 61 years old!
- New or used knobs come up for sale on Ebay and other sites if you want better ones.
If you bought a nice used PAS then had a shop do this level of restoration you'd be aout about $1500.00 or more, so this is a pretty nice deal.
As with all vintage electronics I sell, there is no warranty or guarantee due age, many original parts are still in the unit.
Guaranteed not to arrive damaged or DOA
Professionally packed and ships insured to your home
No PO Box delivery, sorry.
Sale is final, no returns, unit will arrive as described, no warranty