Vintage look, modern reliability, superb sonics, this is a really nice fully restored and upgraded Dynaco. If you're doing vinyl records, the phono section in this unit is exceptional.
Contact us to discuss details, payment / ordering options and pricing.
The SCA series amps are only available occasionally as I have them
- New boards with 1% metal film resistors, new film caps, new electrolytic capacitors
- New, high-beta low noise transistors for a much quieter and cleaner preamp section.
- Every control and switch function properly and were serviced with Deoxit.
- All capacitors and resistors relative to the front panel switches and controls are new.
- The input/output panel is new, gold plated RCA jacks, much sturdier than the old ones
- A nice upgraded phono ground post is installed too
- Every original function and feature of this amplifier still works exactly as it should.
- This unit was disassembled down to the last screw and meticulously rebuilt, fully upgraded and restored.
- The entire amplifier section is new, a modern design that outperforms the original design considerably.
- The preamp / amplifier boards are also all new and a modern upgrade design, they sound amazing.
- The phono section much more accurate than the original also. This is just a spectacularly upgraded SCA-80
The original C9 capacitor, a 4700 uF, 80 Volts, 2" diameter capacitor is replaced by a new 10,000uF cap. In addition, the change from 4700 uF to 10,000 uF improved the bass considerably. With the extra capacitance, the power supply holds up much better in the presence of loud low frequency outputs.
The C11 cap was a 3-section capacitor that filtered the driver board, line amp, and phono preamp. It is replaced, now with more capacitance for the driver board (940 uF versus 700 uF). It has electronic regulators which provide 24 volts for the line amp and 17.5 volts for the phono preamp. The electronic regulators give you quiet, stiff preamp power, rejecting most all external influences. The result is quieter, cleaner sound.
The C7 capacitors were originally 5000uF, these are replaced with new 10,000uF caps.
- The faceplate is excellent, the knobs are very nice, new feet all the way around.
- The illuminated power switch has a new correct orange glow neon bulb installed.